The Essence of The Trager ® Approach - An Introduction for Somatic Professionals
“Movement as a Way to Agelessness,” Milton Trager, MD
Whether you are a Massage Therapist, Rolfer®, Physical or Occupational Therapist, Chiropractor, Nurse, or Yoga Instructor, learning how to incorporate the principles of The Trager® Approach and Mentastics® into your work will enhance your treatment efficacy, minimize burnout and, repetitive strain injuries, and have yboth ou and your client feeling great afterwards.
Utilizing gentle touch and movement, The Trager® Approach remains one of the most innovative and effective forms of integrative movement education and bodywork that facilitates lasting release of muscle holding patterns that manifest as pain and functional limitation. More than a treatment, a Trager® session is a lesson for the nervous system, as well as an introduction to The Trager® Approach, a way of moving effortlessly through life.
Through lecture, demonstration and practice you'll learn:
- Mentastics® Self-Care Movement exercises to keep you comfortable while you work and which you can teach to your clients so that they may elicit similar muscular changes on their own.
- How inquiry and a meditative presence transform touch into a language.
- How to use touch and movement to dialogue with the nervous system to initiate lasting neuromuscular change.
- The fundamental principles of the Trager®. Approach at the heart of its efficacy.
- Through a mini-session protocol, we explore how to adapt those principles to your present style of work.This workshop contains vital information for anyone wishing to further understand the connection between mind and body, touch as a language, and in the words of Dr. Milton Trager, "Movement as a Way to Agelessness." This workshop will also follow a format similar to Michael's work in Sri Lanka, which was profiled in AMTA "Massage Therapy Journal" Winter 2007 Quarterly.
Discussions on Energetic Healing, The Morphogenic Field/The Living Matrix, Healing Intention, Research by the Institute of Heart Math, Raw, "Living Food" Nutrition, Biophotonic Energy, Sacred Geometry and World Health Organization assessments on Musculoskeletal Conditions and Chronic Disability may also find there way into the workshop or post-workshop activities.Ideal for somatic practitioners, massage therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, yoga instructors
CONTACT MICHAEL FOR DETAILS:
Phone +1.484.542.0249 or Email email@example.com